How to prepare Gazpacho
Gazpacho Andaluz, also known as Andalusian gazpacho, is a refreshing and flavorful cold soup that originated in the Andalusia region of Spain. It is made with a blend of fresh vegetables, such as tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and onions, and is seasoned with garlic, vinegar, and olive oil. Gazpacho is typically served chilled, making it the perfect summertime dish for a hot day. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to prepare Gazpacho Andaluz:
- 2 pounds of ripe tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- You can also add chopped herbs, diced avocado, or croutons to add extra flavour to your gazpacho.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Begin by washing and dicing the tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, and onion into small pieces. Peel and chop the garlic finely.
2. Blend the vegetables: Place the diced vegetables and garlic in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Alternatively, you can also chop the vegetables finely by hand and mix them together in a large bowl.
3. Add the breadcrumbs: Stir the breadcrumbs into the blended vegetables to help thicken the soup.
4. Season with vinegar and oil: Add the sherry vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to the gazpacho and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
5. Chill and serve: Transfer the gazpacho to a large bowl or individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld. Serve chilled, garnished with chopped herbs, diced avocado, or croutons, if desired.
Gazpacho Andaluz is a refreshing and flavorful summertime dish that is easy to prepare at home. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of blending, you can enjoy this classic Spanish soup anytime.
Try it at home and you’ll see just how easy it is to make this tasty and satisfying dish.